Join Governor Ben Cayetano for a free Chile & Rice Dinner and talk story with him and his Truth Squad.
Where: Kaiser High School Cafeteria (511 Lunalilo Home Road)
When: Thursday, May 17
Time: 6:00 pm – Dinner; 6:30 pm -Program
COME AND LEARN:
- Why our sewer and water bills will increase dramatically over the next five years and yet repairs of the systems will fall further behind schedule.
- Why the repaving of city’s potholed roads, now ranked third worst in the nation, is likely to fall further behind schedule.
- Why the city’s $5.27 billion rail project is likely to cost $7 billion or more.
- Why rail will increase the city’s debt ratio as a percentage of its operating budget from 12.4% today to as high as 26.8% by 2018.
- Why the cost of rail will compromise the fire and police protection you take for granted.
- Why the city and Federal Transit Administration both agree that rail will not reduce traffic congestion.
- Why the city says “building it now and tearing it down later is cheaper.”
- Why the city’s claim that rail will create 10,000 new jobs every year is fantasy and how more jobs can be created by repairing and upgrading the city’s sewer and water systems and repaving roads.
- And how Gov. Ben Cayetano’s common-sense plan will stabilize sewer and water fees, repave more roads, create more jobs and develop a comprehensive bus rapid transit system that will be one-fifth the cost of rail, provide faster service and serve more people from more parts of Oahu than rail.